In this quick guide, you will learn how you can change the aspect ratio of your video online to fit platforms like Instagram, tiktok or LinkedIn. The only thing you need is an internet connection and your video.
How to change the format of your video:
- Log in Type Studio.
- Upload your Video.
- Click on the dropdown above the video.
- Choose your target format.
- Click on the background to add a background color or
- Click on your video and grab the cornerpoints to change the video size.
Get started 🚀
Upload your video
After the Sign-Up, you will be on the project overview of Type Studio.
To upload your video, click on the card in the upper left corner, which is marked with a plus sign.
Change the aspect ratio
To change your aspect ratio, you just have to click the "original" button right above your video on the right side.
Type Studio aspect ratio presets:
- Original: Defined by your original video.
- Square: Perfect for the Instagram feed
- Landscape: Used by YouTube and Vimeo - most common for videos on the web
- Portrait: Perfect for YoutubeShorts, Instagram Story or reels and TikToks.
- Horizontal Post: Should be used for Twitter or Facebook.
- Vertical Post: Another format for Twitter or Facebook videos.
- Pinterst: A special format for Pinterest videos.
Change your video size to match the format
To prepare your video to match the format you have chosen, you have to hover above the video and grab one of the appearing corner points. While grabbing, move your mouse to the left or the right and scale your video.
Export our video
After you changed the aspect ratio of your video you can now hit the export button in the top right corner and get your video on your own sharing page where you can download your video.
If you want to know more about how to share your video via Type Studio, click here.